There are a number of things families can do to help keep their children healthy and in school:
- Remind your children to frequently wash their hands; before they eat, after they have recess and after they use the bathroom. Proper hand washing is the single most important behavior in preventing the transmission of many infectious diseases
- Avoid close contact with children and adults who are showing signs of illness
- Check with your health care practitioner about immunizations for those diseases that can be prevented with vaccination ie: Influenza, Chicken Pox, Pertussis, etc.
- Remind your student to cough into his elbow or shoulder
In addition, to help keep our school community healthy please keep your student home if:
- S/He has a fever of 100 degrees or over
- S/He appears ill and you suspect it may interfere with his ability to be an active learner ie: s/he is coughing repeatedly
- S/He has nausea and vomiting, cramping or diarrhea
If you have questions or concerns about school health, please feel free to contact our school nurse.